Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Graphic Design Teacher 0.8 FTE (Maternity Cover)
Reference Number: SCC181955
Salary: £18,717 - £30,999 a pro rata of £23,396—£38,748 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Tues 11th December 2018
Interview Date: As soon as possible
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Fixed Term until January 2020
Hours per Week: 0.8 FTE
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and forward thinking Graphic Design Teacher to join our fantastic Creative Arts team based at Pendleton Sixth Form College. Our friendly team requires a successful candidate who will be responsible for leading and teaching on both A level and Vocational Graphic Design courses. We are specifically looking for a Graphics teacher to deliver the traditional design techniques and disciplines including branding, illustration, typography and advertising. You will also have date experience of using digital design software as our team also currently use Adobe Creative Cloud. It is essential you have experience of using Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and have the ability to use any of the other programs on the suite which would also be desirable. The successful candidate for this post must be an excellent communicator, motivator and efficient teacher in terms of delivery, paperwork and organization, with comprehensive subject knowledge. Experience of teaching A-level is essential.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website.
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.