Title: Graphic Designer
Salary: up to £23,117.27 per annum
Closing Date: 28th November 2019
Interview Date: TBA
Nelson and Colne College has a long standing and excellent reputation as an outstanding Further Education College. We are looking for an enthusiastic, competent and highly motivated Graphic Designer to join our close-knit Marketing team on a permanent, full-time basis working 37 hours per week.
Working in a busy and varied environment; the successful candidate will lead the design production of materials for Nelson and Colne College (NCC) and Lancashire Adult Learning (LAL) working across a wide range of print formats from large scale publications to flyers, newsletters, signage, and advertising, ensuring appropriate artwork production, in line with the marketing plan.
The ideal candidate will take responsibility for liaison with external print and media companies to ensure appropriate print formats, quality, efficiency and value for money.
Main duties include:
• In line with delivery plans, play a key role in the design production and visual brand identity development for the Nelson and Colne College Group, comprising Nelson and Colne College (NCC), Accrington and Rossendale College (ARC) and Lancashire Adult Learning (LAL).
• Ensure effective, quality and timely production of artwork for a wide range of print materials, from large scale publications to flyers, newsletters, signage, and advertising, in line with the marketing plan and Brand Guidelines.
• Play a key role in the development of our visual online presence, to include our portfolio of websites, college intranet, digital comms and our social media presence.
• Ensure effective implementation of our Brand Guidelines throughout artwork production, to help ensure our visual identity is highly effective and achieves our branding and recruitment goals.
• Play a key role in maintaining the design production system for planning and prioritising short and long term design projects among the team, as well as contributing to the effective storage of artwork files and image stock so that documents can be easily accessed and amended, with an effective back-up system is in place.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree Level Qualification in a relevant field
• Extensive commercial graphic design experience, with a broad portfolio of evidence to include print and online examples.
• Excellent technical skills including extensive experience of using Abode Creative Suite
Further details can be seen in the full job description.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.