Full time, 40 hours per week
Exciting opportunity to play a key role in the School’s Grounds Department, which is responsible for the maintenance of our extensive grounds, including a large number of sports fields and pitches.
The Grounds Operative will undertake various grounds maintenance and landscape duties, under the supervision of the Grounds Manager including, but not limited to:
- Undertaking routine maintenance work on grounds and sports surfaces, as detailed on work schedules and job tickets or as directed by the Grounds Manager.
- The marking out and setting up of playing surfaces and equipment.
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in grounds maintenance.
- Taking corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment, when considered appropriate by the Grounds Manager and under his supervision.
- Providing support for School activities relating to non-grounds departments, and undertaking other duties as directed by the Grounds Manager, Estates Bursar or Bursar.
If you have previous relevant grounds experience within a similar organisation we would be delighted to hear from you.
In return, we can offer a variety of benefits including free lunches and parking on site.
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 12 Noon on Tuesday 20th June 2017.
St Edward’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we aim to create and maintain a safe environment for our pupils, where they feel respected and supported. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to become familiar with our policies and procedures for child protection and security. All staff are required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.