Windlesham House School is looking for a reliable, keen and resilient Groundsperson to work as a member of the Estates Bursars Grounds Team. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for carrying out a wide range of general duties and tasks within the Schools grounds, including maintenance of grass and artificial playing surfaces, golf course, gardens and woodland, ensuring that the estate grounds are prepared to a high standard ensuring they are safe and fit for purpose.
The role will require a person who is committed to setting and maintaining the excellent standards of workmanship. They must be a Team player but able to work efficiently and responsibly unsupervised.
Be proficient in using tractors, operating sports turf machinery and any other relevant equipment and be involved in the maintenance and repair of such equipment.
- Hold or be studying for NVQ Level 2 in Horticulture or Amenity Sports or similar..
- Relevant knowledge and experience in grounds maintenance.
· NPTC Sprayer Certificate – PA1, PA2 & PA6 desirable but not essential
· A good general level of education.
· Qualified to operate a chainsaw or willing to undertake the qualification
Windlesham House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.