Aldar Education is currently seeking a dedicated professional to be our new Group Head – Curriculum Design and Development working across our growing number of schools in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi commencing January 2020. This role is based out of our Headquarters and involves supporting our family of schools to deliver outstanding curriculum provision to over 20,000 students.
This post will report directly to the Director of Education.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar Education and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group. We currently own or operate 18 schools covering the British, US and IB curricula across the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The successful candidate will combine an excellent track record at Senior School Leader level with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders. The ideal candidate may be, or have been, an Assistant or Vice Principal and possess exceptional communication skills combined with a deep understanding of the needs of schools to develop curriculum models to meet the needs of all learners.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Education and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• To co-create, develop and oversee key strategies to improve curriculum design, adaption and impact across all our schools.
• To work as part of the wider school improvement team to enhance provision in schools and ensure that school curricula is fit for purpose and provides all learners with dynamic and innovative learning opportunities
• Provide staff training on curriculum matters and ensure that all curricula are operated to the highest standards
• Provide and develop tools and resources for the group
• To act as a source of support, advice and expertise to staff on matters of curriculum design and management
• Provide critical feedback and support to school leadership on curriculum matters
• Produce curriculum materials and mapping to support schools
• Provide support to Executive Management on document and bid preparation materials for new projects
• Research latest curriculum ideas and disseminate across the group
• Work closely with school leaders to support inspection preparation and outcomes related to curriculum matters
• To gain insight, promote and improve the work of curriculum teams across the group
• Development a curriculum network to share best practice
• To support the wider education team in meeting group strategic aims
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree with postgraduate qualifications in teaching (eg. PGCE).
Experience: At least 2 years senior leadership in a school setting. This would ideally be at Vice or Assistant Principal level.
Attributes: collaborative team player, inspirational speaker, empathetic listener, integrity, strategic thinker, able to convert vision into action, internationally minded, emotional intelligence, intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive, flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards, adept in multicultural settings, spirited, pioneering and professional.
What we offer:
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 20,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated education leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking education leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the TES website.
Aldar Academies is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.