Al Khor International School is a 3 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. We are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students across our KG, British Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking a caring, enthusiastic, and well organised Group Leader to support teaching and learning in the KG1. The successful candidate will have good team working skills, and the ability to inspire and motivate students. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
Skills and qualities:
- Commitment to student wellbeing and learning
- Diploma or degree
- Relevant work experience
- Good communication and people skills
- Cultural awareness and understanding
- Organise and lead activities to promote physical, mental, social, and communication development such as games, art and craft, music, storytelling and field trips.
- Prepare clear objectives for all lessons or unit in the daily planner
- Follow policies and procedures of the nursery.
- Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor skill activities and safety.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet all students’ varying needs and interests including children with special needs.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their child/ren’s progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
What we offer:
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax-free salary
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully attested degree and teaching certificates, transcripts and police certificate. Please note that due to government regulations we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years of age.
How to apply:
Please click on the apply button.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
16 January 2020
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.akis.sch.qa
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Al Khor International School (AKIS)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 4 - 18 years
About Al Khor International School
Owned by Qatargas – one of the largest natural gas-producing companies in the world, AKIS was established to cater primarily for the children of its employees. The school is located in Al Khor Community, approximate...