Term-time only (including Training Days, plus 1 week)
Full time, September Start
NYB08: £18,390 - £20,168 actual
This is an exciting time for our catering operation. From September we will be managing our catering operation internally with the support of a local award winning provision.
This is your chance to join our friendly team at this inclusive rural school. Catering for over 400 students daily and staff, you will lead an Assistant Chef along with the Catering team to deliver a new breakfast service, morning break and lunch provision.
Our new offer will be driven on three principles:
· Value for money for the customer.
· Speed of service but offering a Food Court Dining experience.
· Quality fresh ingredients.
We have an ambitious plan to transform our current offer. You will have a “Can do” attitude and be able to execute:
1. a new menu.
2. a pre-order service.
3. the establishment of a Sixth Form Café concept.
4. an exciting offer which will include a pasta bar, hot sandwiches and freshly prepared dinners along with a range of quality sandwiches and desserts.
5. our hospitality service as required (including staff, summer balls, special events and themed days).
You will be confident and have the ability to manage all elements of food hygiene, health and safety and COSHH. You will need to be able to refine the menus with support to introduce new ideas and offerings to our students.
Whilst we are looking for someone from a similar role the ideal candidate will have the drive and ability to produce excellent and attractive food using fresh ingredients every day. In order to succeed you will have excellent customer service skills and great communication skills. Great people skills are essential to inspire your team to fulfil our new vision.
We expect this to be a challenging but highly rewarding role. You will have the support of the school and experts in school catering to help you succeed. We look forward to receiving your application.