Situated in the suburban and thriving town of North Chingford, on the border of North East London and South West Essex opposite main line train and bus stations, Normanhurst is a privately-owned independent school for around 285 pupils from 2½ to 16 that forms part of a larger Oak-Tree Group.
Following the promotion of the current Headmistress of 10 years, we are looking for somebody to share our ambition for the success not only of Normanhurst, but also the wider Group, and who will be able to work with the school’s Senior Leadership Team, Principals and the Heads of the other Oak-Tree Schools.
The senior leaders we recruit are able to demonstrate that they share our values, are highly motivated to inspire and develop their colleagues’ skills and are committed to providing the highest standards of teaching for all children. The core purpose of the Head is to provide professional leadership and management of the school. Accountable to the Group Managing Principal, the Head provides vision, leadership and direction for the school and ensures that it is managed and organised to meet its aims and targets.
We are looking for somebody who:
• has a proven track record as an outstanding practitioner
• is a proven strategic leader with the energy and vision to raise standards and expectations
• has the highest expectations and will inspire, challenge and encourage staff to achieve the best outcomes for pupils
• will effectively manage the teaching and learning process to enable each child to reach their full potential
• can develop a culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations of all pupils
We can offer you:
• children and staff who are willing and eager to learn
• keen, creative and passionate staff
• parents who are fully engaged with the school
• opportunities to grow and develop personally and professionally
To apply for this position, please email Miss Emma Curtis, PA to the Group Management Team, via firstname.lastname@example.org, for a full Application Pack. The Headship Application Pack includes the following:
• Information Brochure about Normanhurst
• Draft Job Description
• Application Form
• Latest copy of the school’s newsletter (July 2019)
• Latest copy of the Group’s newsletter (August 2019)
The Application Process will be as follows:
• The deadline for applications is Friday 27 September 2019. All applications will be acknowledged by email.
• Selected candidates will be invited for longlist preliminary interviews on 8 or 9 October 2019.
• Shortlist interviews will take place on 17 or 18 October 2019.
• Final interviews will take place on 4 November 2019.