About the School
Mutiara International Grammar School, established in 1997, comprises Reception, Junior and Senior Schools offering the National Curriculum of England with students graduating with Cambridge IGCSE. With over 300 students representing 37 different nationalities and a staff strength of about 100, the School strives to deliver quality learning at all times in a distinctive, friendly family atmosphere.
While academic success is at the core of the School mission, there is a strong emphasise on holistic, self-development of students through involvement in a wide range of sports, co-curricular and outdoor education.
We are seeking a dynamic leader and educator, open-minded and dedicated individuals to join our collaborative community of professionals.
Reporting to: Head of Junior School and Head of Senior School
Bachelors of Education with Teacher qualification are required. Masters of Education in Curriculum Design and Instruction/Leadership and Management preferred. Doctorate, in related field would be advantageous.
A minimum of 10 years of relevant teaching experience is preferred with leadership position in education; experience gained in an international school, IB and/or international experience are highly desirable.
Leadership and Teaching experience:
- Extensive experience with curriculum design and planning across K-12 (Key Stage 1,, 2, 3, 4 and extending to Key Stage 5) UK National, Cambridge International Assessment Education (CAIE). Experience with IB framework, an added advantage.
- Able to teach across all subjects. Commitment to inquiry-based, experiential and project-based learning.
- Strong technology integration skills in education and management.
- Evidence of high level academic leadership and potential with high expectations and the determination to consistently raise the level of student achievement in school.
- Have strong people management, administration skills and the ability to manage time effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Curriculum Planning and Implementation
- Developing teaching and learning
- Student progress and achievement
- Assessment and reporting
- Academic resource management
- School Strategic Planning
- Staff Professional Development
- Review academic policies and procedures
- Integrated learning programmes and STEAM
- Cambridge resource coordinator
- New staff induction programme
- Student Academic support
- Accreditation Process
Excellent proficiency in the English language is a must. Proficiency in other languages would be welcomed.
Attitude and Character:
Positive, committed, trustworthy, enthusiastic, high professional ethics, lifelong learners with an international mindset.
Communication, creative thinking, people management, collaborative team player with strong organisational, leadership, administrative and technology skills
Contact us with your CV which must include:
- Your contact details
- A covering letter stating your teaching philosophy (a brief, one page statement as to why you do what you do as an educator; what you believe is important as an educator).
- Teaching certification
- Contact details including email addresses of 2 professional referees
- A recent photograph
Only applications that contain the above details will be considered. All applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date is 15th June 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place via Skype/Zoom for international candidates. Candidates residing in Malaysia will be called in for interview.
For more information about Mutiara International Grammar School, please visit our website: www.migs.edu.my
Mutiara International Grammar School is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subjected to clearance from the relevant authorities.