Head of Academy
Our opportunity for you
Do you want to work with inquisitive children and collaborative staff? Do you value being at the heart of a vibrant city? We are looking for a leader who is passionate about teaching, builds strong relationships with children, parents and colleagues and has proven that they are able to accelerate pupil progress.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and welcoming Academy. We have very high expectations of learning and behaviour and the children are a delight to teach. Landau Forte Academy Moorhead is in the second year of special measures, but with the rapid progress being made and positive feedback from our latest monitoring visit, we expect to come out of this category at our next inspection which is due imminently.
The Academy is part of the Landau Forte Charitable Trust and we are looking to strengthen and grow our Primary presence, so if you are someone who is keen to progress and wants to have a wider influence, the opportunity may be here for you.
If you would like to know more, visits are encouraged and you will be made most welcome. These can be arranged between 5th March and 16th March 2018. Please phone Mrs Sue Humphries, PA to the Primary Director, Landau Forte Charitable Trust on 01827 300490 to arrange an appointment. Direct line (manned from 8.30am to 12.15pm daily) is 01827 300492.
This position is to replace the current temporary post holder.
- Hours: 40.75 a week
- Weeks: 52 a year
- Contract: Permanent
- Start date: August 2018 (early start negotiable)
- Salary: £54,000 - £62,000 pa
- Closing date: 19th March 2018 at 12.00 noon
- Interview dates: 26th and 28th March 2018
- Reports to: Trust Primary Director
What we can offer you
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme (TPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
- Personal, private medical insurance
Landau Forte Academy Moorhead
Landau Forte Academy Moorhead joined the Landau Forte family of academies in September 2012. We are a 4 – 11 primary academy under new leadership, pleasantly situated close to Derby city centre. We unashamedly have high expectations of all children at the Academy and this is supported by our highly dedicated tutorial and support staff.
The local area
Derby is a vibrant and exciting city, located right in the heart of the UK. The city has a developed arts and culture scene and the area has a great history. The Academy is located just a few minutes’ drive away from Derby city centre.
Derby provides great range of sports and leisure facilities and is the gateway to the Peak District. Within a 10 minutes’ drive of the city you will find yourself in the beautiful open Derbyshire countryside with unspoilt villages, historic houses and adventurous attractions.
- Derby is 10 minutes away from M1 junction 25
- London is 90 minutes away by train
- East Midlands Airport is 20 minutes away
To apply please see below;
1. Read the Guidance & Criteria document
2. Complete the application form
3. Complete the Equal Opportunities form
4. Submit your application
You can post your completed application, along with a covering letter to:
Mrs Amelia Eggleston
Landau Forte Charitable Trust
or e-mail your completed documents to: email@example.com
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.