B&FC is one of the most successful colleges in the country for student success; we are highest performing large FE college in England for student success and have been for 3 consecutive years (source: ESFA 2015, 2016 and 2017). Additionally, we are judged as Ofsted outstanding, QAA commended and recently received the highest possible gold rating in the government’s new Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) for higher education, outpacing many other colleges and universities. We have 1200 employees and circa 18000 students choose to develop their skills with us each year. We are financially sound with an annual turnover of c£54m and an EBIDTA of c13%.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Lead a team of experienced staff in the development and delivery of high quality traineeships, apprenticeship provision at level 2 and 3, with liaison for delivery for level 4 and above.
- Achieve B&FC objectives and achievement of high levels of student success
- Plan and implement robust business planning and to realise the apprenticeship strategy goals and outcomes
- Build relationships with key contacts both internal and external, delivering excellent service through effective leadership, management and team motivation
- Provide support to employers with requirements of the Digital Apprenticeship Service
- Consistently meet or exceed high levels of customer experience
- With vision and creative flair, provide overall academic and strategic leadership for apprenticeship provision to deliver an outstanding student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares apprentices for further employment opportunities.
- Lead and manage inspiring learning and teaching opportunities across apprenticeship provision which deliver year on year improvements in apprenticeship skill development, retention, achievement, progression and outcome measures.
- Lead the effective implementation and continuous development of B&FC’s Employability Strategy within apprenticeships
- Lead and facilitate highly effective apprentice engagement including active citizenship, positive personal behaviours, respect for others, enterprise awareness, professional behaviours and attitudes in the workplace.
- To lead the growth and development of apprenticeship (including liaison with higher and degree apprenticeships) provision and the adoption of the new standards.
- Maximise opportunities presented by apprenticeship Levy
- Develop and implement an annual business plan for apprenticeships, including accurate forecasting to deliver against agreed targets and to report achievement by means of regular performance monitoring.
- Lead the ongoing development of a dynamic and future focussed apprenticeship offer, which is demonstrably responsive to LMI, LEP priorities and employer/stakeholder needs.
- Promote positive and safe environments where learning can flourish, working with colleagues across B&FC to ensure we are providing necessary safeguarding (including Prevent) support for apprentices.
- Implement a lean, effective and efficient resource strategy within apprenticeships to support the delivery of B&FC’s learning and teaching strategy including for example; optimised case loading; staff utilisation; and the use of learning technologies to support social and self-directed learning
- Lead the continuous improvement of customer centric behaviours within apprenticeships and to coach, mentor, develop and line manage direct reports in line with B&FC’s People Strategy
- Lead a proactive tripartite relationship between the apprentice, employer and B&FC
- Promote a culture of high performance and constructive self-criticism to deliver outstanding performance
- Ensure effective communication within apprenticeship provision
- Maintain and improve health and safety standards
- Work collaboratively across B&FC to ensure that it achieves its mission and strategic plan
- To drive B&FC’s enterprise culture both internally and externally and to promote the continued delivery of high quality and innovative services that keep the organisation at the forefront of the market
- Create vibrant, successful case studies to promote apprenticeships