This is an exciting opportunity to develop and manage a new Apprenticeship Unit from the outset at our high-quality, high-reputation College.
The early stages of the role will involve setting up the new Unit with an emphasis on business development, employer liaison and marketing. As the Head of Unit you will be supported in your decision-making by senior managers at the College, but will be empowered to create effective and growth-focused apprenticeship programmes and support processes. You will have a key role in confirming the College initial apprenticeship lines of offer, and in developing new lines over the medium-to-long term. You will also appoint and line-manage our first trainer-assessors. Ongoing aspects of the role will include continued business development, management of contracts, quality assurance and management of programme delivery, including enrolment and support of learners.
We are seeking a skilled and self-motivated professional who:
· has an excellent understanding of the apprenticeship environment
· is able to engage, communicate clearly with and persuade employers
· is pro-active in working to and developing an open-ended brief.
As a well-established and successful College we can offer:
· a high-performing and professional working environment
· a college-wide team of friendly and supportive colleagues, with a shared passion for learning
· a strong commitment to professional development and staff well-being
· excellent facilities (including low cost cafeteria and gym membership)