Working with us
A commitment to lifelong learning, for ourselves and our students so we can all make a positive difference
Dehong International Chinese School recognises that exceptional and inspirational teachers are our most valuable resource in providing our students with an excellent international Chinese education. Dehong teachers are ambitious for their students’ learning and put students first in everything they do. They have the highest aspirations for their students’ achievement and development, both in the classroom and through the many co-and extra-curricular activities on offer. Our teachers actively promote the School’s mission and vision through their enthusiastic and full participation in school life and their supportive engagement with students, colleagues and parents.
Director of Sports
Purpose of Role
The Head of Aquatics is an outstanding leader, responsible for the overall standards of teaching and learning in the department area. This person is not only an exceptional teacher, but also is committed to the Dehong values and philosophy in creating a bilingual, bicultural learning environment. This person communicates effectively with their team and creates a positive environment for staff to flourish and for students to learn.
Learning and Teaching Standards A
1. Create and foster an environment of reflective practice and development, leading by example in all aspects of personal and professional development.
2. Develop and maintain a culture of high expectations for self and others.
3. To keep abreast of developments and best practice, relevant to the specific responsibilities of their role, and advise the Director of Sports of their relevance and potential impact on the school
4. To provide reports to the Director of Sports, in line with specific areas of responsibility, as and when required.
5. Lead by example as a teacher and as a leader and manager, achieving high standards of pupil achievement and motivation through excellent teaching.
6. To lead teams and individuals in line with specific areas of responsibility
7. Support the development and maintenance of school policies and practices to ensure consistent application.
8. Contribute to the development and implementation of the School Development Plan.
9. Have a teaching commitment in line with Head of Aquatics status.
10. Sustain effective, positive relationships with staff, pupils, parents, School Advisory Board and the local community.
11. Contribute towards the school’s marketing and admissions activity as and when required
12. Complete all supervisory duties, as required and directed through published rotas
13. Offer full support to the boarding aspect of our school, showing a commitment that serves as an example for others
14. Attend relevant school events and activities.
15. Manage budget(s) in line with areas of responsibility.
16. Production of key School publications as detailed in the SLT Portfolios
17. Organisation of key School events as detailed in the SLT Portfolios
18. To ensure safe at school and child protection policies and practices across the school are in line with best practice and ensure all students safeguarding needs are met.
Learning and Teaching Standards B
Main areas of responsibility:
1. To coordinate and deliver a high quality aquatics program in the School, which includes but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Leading and coaching the Dehong School squads. This will include detailed session planning and swim programs including a pathway to develop from Grade 1 to 12.
• Assist the Director of Sport with the Performance Squad training when necessary
• Assist with the planning and running of competitive swim meets, at school, in other locations in Shanghai, China or abroad
• To coordinate with our Director of Sport and Sister School (Dulwich Puxi) with timetabling of lessons, policies and risk assessments
• To organise and timetable our swim co-teachers for day to day duties
• To run CPD for the all swim teachers and coaches
• Assist swim teachers during swim lessons with resources, SOW and equipment
• Develop the Swim programme curriculum from Grade 1-12 linking to the Chinese Beauru requirements
• Assist with housekeeping - equipment room, storage and purchasing
• Assist Director of Sport with meets entering via Team Manager
• Involvement in whole school events and activities as required.
• To perform any other duties as assigned by the management, stakeholders and Director of Sport
Safe at Schools
Abide by the safe at schools’ policy and keep abreast of any changes.
Additional Expectations A
• Competence to orally and verbally communicate with parents in a professional context
• Embrace the education of the whole person
• Lead and/or support a minimum of one (1) co-curricular activity
• Attend and participate constructively in staff meetings
• Participate (including preparing students/activities) in the wider life of the school, such as assemblies, celebrations, extra-curricular events and so on
• Collaborate with colleagues across Dehong schools and Education in Motion to share best practices around the network and participate in department-wide events as appropriate
• Support service learning and sustainability practices, events and programmes
• Other teaching and learning related tasks as determined by the Principal
Additional Expectations B
We are committed to developing supportive and safe learning environments
Dehong is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Dehong Education Group is a dynamic and rapidly growing family of International Chinese schools in major cities in China. Dehong Shanghai opened in 2017 and is a sister school to the highly regarded Dulwich College International schools. ...