Responsible To: Member of SLT
Location: Margate, Kent
Salary: Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale plus TLR 2b
Start Date: January 2018
This is an excellent opportunity for a department leader with passion and enthusiasm to join our team at Hartsdown Academy. We are at a new phase of improvement and development and we are looking for staff to be part of this exciting journey.
This an exciting opportunity to make your mark being the lead professional for this subject across the school. You will be successful in teaching and curriculum development in the 11-19 age range and have experience of developing clear strategies for ensuring students make progress.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an active member of the middle leadership team and set the direction of the development of Teaching and Learning throughout the school.
• Raise standards of student attainment and achievement within curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress
• Be responsible for the day-to-day management of staff within the designated curriculum area and act as a positive role model
In return we will offer you:
• An exciting environment where you can really make a difference
• Being part of a small local trust that is totally committed to its staff and children
• Significant opportunities for CPD and development
For a full job description, person specification and application form, please contact Claire Titherington, Office Manager by calling 01843 227957 ext. 1060 or by e-mailing email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 29th September 2017 12 noon
Interviews: Week commencing 9th October 2017
Hartsdown Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake a DBS Employment Check.