Head of Art
Salary: Main/Upper Pay Scale (£25,714 to £41,807)+ TLR 2A £2,889 per annum
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Wilsthorpe School is a high-performing academy that is well on the path to becoming an outstanding school. Everyone in the school believes in our journey of improvement and shares common goals. Strong relationships exist between students and staff which are open, warm and friendly and these relationships have led to excellent attitudes to learning.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Wilsthorpe School for a Head of Art to join a team of teachers who share the same vision to inspire our students to be the best they can be. In addition to delivering motivating and challenging lessons, the Head of Art will be responsible for inspiring our students with your passion for teaching in order to assist the Curriculum Area Leader to drive the standards of attainment and achievement within the subject area.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has excellent subject knowledge and a determination to ensure the students, members of staff within their team and themselves are able to make demonstrable progress. The role will be perfect for an individual who is motivated, patient and caring with the student’s quality of learning and excellent progression at the centre of what they do day to day.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people. We offer:
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals; the successful candidate will join an established network of SENCOs across the Trust.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Thursday 15 April 2021
Interviews will be held on: Week Commencing Monday 19 April 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years