Head of Art, Design & Technology
We are seeking to appoint a talented and inspirational Head of Department to lead our art, design and technology department. Applications are welcome from teachers to join a small, but growing, team who are motivated and passionate about their subject and seeing its development within the school from September 2021. Candidates will be expected to have excellent subject knowledge (a DT background would be preferable, but not essential) and able to build a department to establish art and design technology's position within the curriculum. If you relish the opportunity of working in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, we would welcome your application.
We also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. This is an exciting prospect with an opportunity for the post holder to make a real difference to our students' lives and the school curriculum.
Coleridge Community College is a small, family and community orientated school in Cambridge. It’s a school where every child and staff member is known, developed and supported. We value our staff highly and treat workload seriously. This is an exciting time to join us: We have recently joined United Learning; we have a new Headteacher; and, having just achieved a ‘Good’ at Ofsted, we have really strong foundations on which to grow into an excellent school. We are looking for someone that shares this belief and passionately believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs. You will be joining a school that is ambitious for its future as well as the future of all its students and so are looking for colleagues who share that ambition and are uncompromising in their commitment to doing what it takes to secure the potential of the young people here.
Our most important purpose is to teach young people things they would not learn outside school which empower them. We believe that ‘Knowledge Is Power’. We believe in teaching through explicit/direct instruction (Rosenshine and Engelmann) and utilising TLAC 2.0 techniques. Our mission is to bring out ‘the best in everyone’.
We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs.
We also believe in ‘Education with Character’ – we want young people to look back on a schooling that has inspired and challenged them, given them wide opportunity and prepared them for the ups and downs of life.
Why work here
- You will join a school with hugely supportive colleagues
- You will join a school committed to supporting the wellbeing of staff
- You will join a school, and MAT, who prioritise career development
- You will be supported by a school staff buddy scheme
- We offer greater than statutory PPA time
- We believe in disruption free learning and sensible feedback policies
- All staff are given free Chartered College Membership
- We provide free tea & coffee in our staffroom
- We provide free parking on our school site
- We provide heavily discounted Gym membership
- We provide an employer perks package through Perkbox
- We provide a cycle to work scheme, car lease scheme and season ticket loan scheme
- We offer a free counselling service through Zurich Insurance
- We support a free subscription to ‘Headspace’ mindfulness meditation app
- We offer a competitive pension scheme
- We provide eye test reimbursement
- We provide a 10% discount on ALT classes
- You can have post and parcels delivered to school
- We provide laptops for staff
Coleridge Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years