Head of Art.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive Secondary Academy, based in Doncaster. The school are looking to add a Head of Art to their progressive and supportive Art Department ideally starting in April 2022.
The role will include managing the delivery of Art at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department, you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds the needs of your learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
The Head of Department will also line manage the Art department, supporting the SLT link and Headteacher to ensure the department achieves its maximum potential.
"This Academy is proud to be rated Ofsted GOOD (April 2019) for the first time in its history! This has been achieved by having dedicated and enthusiastic staff who are committed to giving their community an extraordinary educational experience.
They are a vibrant Academy with 1074 students on roll, including 33 at Post 16 and have benefitted from a new building which opened in November 2016 enabling our students and staff to use state of the art facilities. They serve a significantly deprived community with 42% of students being pupil premium and 38% being in the bottom 10% for deprivation. Despite these challenges, you will find students to be polite and engaged with learning."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• the chance to take on further responsibilities such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Arts Degree or a related subject
• experience in delivering Art up to GCSE/A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and financial management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1521649 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher/leader for every role. If you have an up-to-date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack. Please include REF:1521649 in the email subject line.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...