Head of Art
September 2017/January 2018
We are looking to appoint an individual who will lead this successful subject area.
You will be joining an energetic and dedicated team of teachers working to provide an excellent education to a group of diverse and rewarding young people.
Heartlands High School is a mixed comprehensive 11-16 school that opened in September 2010. Popular and oversubscribed within the local community, the school will take 1080 students when full. Our recent Ofsted quoted…’ Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress…’ (Ofsted 2016)
Our Subject Leader will be asked to:
· Lead subject area and the development of excellent schemes of work and SEARCH days, providing engaging learning for all our students.
· Manage and develop a team ensuring excellent standards of learning and teaching
· Make positive contributions to the strategic direction of the subject within the framework of the school Strategic Plan
· Innovate, embed and sustain outstanding practice in this exciting school
· Lead outstanding school productions
The Successful Candidate will:
· Have a record of raising attainment in their subject area
· Be an excellent curriculum innovator
· Be an excellent teacher able to model good practice
· Be energetic, committed, innovative and adaptable
Contact Ranjana Negi on 020 8826 1230 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries regarding the post.
Closing date by 12 p.m. on 30th June 2017.
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.
Prospective applicants are welcome to book an appointment with HR should you wish to visit the school.
Heartlands High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.