HEAD OF ART
MPR/UPR + TLR 2A
inc Outer London Weighting
Required for September 2019
The Frances Bardsley Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed and highly successful, comprehensive school for girls aged 11 – 18 in market town of Romford. We were again judged as good by OFSTED in 2016 and are part of the LIFE Education Trust.
LIFE is a Multi-Academy Trust, which believes that Learning Is For Everyone.
All those in our community are asked to consider our three principles: Learning from the past, Living in the present and Looking to the future. Each principle is important and is a part of every school in our Trust. Our schools retain their own values, traditions and distinctiveness but have also chosen to become part of something bigger and extremely exciting.
We believe in helping staff and students achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. Personal development is at the centre of everything we do. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we’d love to hear from you.
Owing to the continuing development of the school, we seek to appoint a passionate, qualified and outstanding Head of Art, to join our school, where your passion and ideas will be welcomed enthusiastically. The students are a joy to teach and you will be part of a positive environment, with inspiring and supportive colleagues who strive for excellence. If this describes you, we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer:
• Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress at all key stages
• A strong, committed and talented Department
• Excellent professional development and career opportunities including pathways into senior leadership
• The opportunity to collaborate with other departments and schools
• The chance to work in a fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds
What you can offer:
• The vision and determination to lead this key area to further success
• Outstanding classroom practice with the ability to teach at Advanced level
• The vision, drive and determination needed to ensure all our students succeed and the commitment to raising standards across all levels and abilities
• The ability to lead and motivate both students and teachers
• The ability to use assessment and data effectively to promote learning and achievement
• Effective communication, organisation and efficiency
• The capability to support staff and share good practice in the department and across the school
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, Headteacher by 9am Wednesday 22nd May. Interviews will be held promptly. To find out why we’re so proud of Frances Bardsley Academy, visit our website: http://www.fbaok.co.uk/or check us out on twitter.
The Frances Bardsley Academy is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.