Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Head of Visual Art at a secondary school in NE London where the value of visual and performing arts is at the forefront of the curriculum. Investment in the facilities across the arts is phenomenal, and is reflected in the number of students enrolled in the subjects.
This position requires an inspirational Art curriculum leader to maintain the enthusiasm for the subject along with giving the students the opportunities to broaden their artistic horizons.
About the Role
- Looking for an accomplished Art Leader willing to drive the department forward
- To deliver outstanding teaching and learning of Art and therefore help all pupils achieve exceptional academic results.
- To be involved in development of an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires learners to appreciate the subject and its application.
- Opportunities for career development with an emphasis on staff retention and CPD for all
- Fixed term maternity cover from September 2018
About the School
- Successful oversubscribed local authority secondary school.
- Full investment in staff and CPD
- Regular staff social events; use of Leisure Centre/gym
- 1 in 3 students achieve at least three A*/A grades
- Modern day classrooms with state of the art equipment.
- Career development and management opportunities.
- Hardworking Leaderships team going with a strong growth mind-set
- Amazing transport links, close to Central Line and National Rail.
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Art will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum;
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply;
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa); and
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops;
- Consultant exclusivity.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference numberRCR11882B.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.