Head of Art
Pay - £46,000 to £55,000 per annum
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
April 2022 or ASAP
Head of Art required to join an independent school in South London. To start April 2022 however, for suitable applicants the role can start as soon as possible. This position is full time, permanent. We are looking for someone with a passion for Art with strong academic and credentials.
The school is an outstanding independent prep school in the heart South London. Behaviour is exemplary and this school boasts excellent academic achievements across the board. Located within walking distance from a popular tube station with parking available nearby. Benefits of working here include free lunch, generous salary’s/pension contributions, small class sizes and more. This school are open to offering sponsorship for an overseas trained teacher. This department consists of 2 other teachers.
To be considered for this Head of Art position, you will:
- Hold a recognised degree in Art or related subject along with a Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Strong academic background
- Comfortable teaching Art across a range of levels
- School is open to secondary trained teacher with no primary experience
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visas or eligible to apply - you can check here - https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa)
- Recent classroom-based references
- Master’s degree and experience leading a department also desirable
Continued benefits include:
- Access to a defined contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free life assurance
- Free school lunches
- Income protection insurance (teaching staff only)
- Enhanced Sick pay entitlement
- Enhanced Maternity/adoption pay entitlement
- Enhanced Paternity pay entitlement
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free access to our school counsellor
- Regular CPD; access to regular training and development
- School fee discount and summer camp discounts
- Staff Wellbeing Association and social events
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across the UK, please either email or call Karla at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3112 8566 quoting the reference RXNHODART12899.
Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
London, United Kingdom
- Supply agency