Dulwich College Seoul is a flourishing, high-performing school offering teachers a fantastic opportunity to work in a purpose built and well-resourced school in the heart of one of Asia’s most dynamic cities. In partnership with Dulwich College London and its sister schools in China, Singapore and Myanmar, Dulwich College Seoul upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the U.K. and Asia.
The College is currently at its license capacity of 700 students operating three-form entry from Foundation Stage to Year 9 and two-form entry in Years 10-13. We offer an IGCSE programme in Years 10/11 and the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12/13 though the College welcomes applications from great teachers, no matter their curriculum experience.
POST & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Teaching Role: Head of Art
School Section: Whole College responsibility, but teaching in Senior School
Contract: Three year, from August 1st 2020
Responsible to Head of Senior School
Responsible for All students as allocated, both academically and pastorally
We are seeking an outstanding practitioner committed to shaping and delivering a stimulating Art curriculum alongside attractive co-curricular art activities across the whole school. The successful applicant will be passionate about their subject and comfortable with working and leading in a small but high profile department consisting of two teachers and a technician.
Dulwich College International is One Family of Schools focused on ensuring every student achieves his or her very best in school and life beyond, which is why all our students Graduate Worldwise. To guarantee this experience for all our students, we look to recruit and enhance the very best practitioners in education so that, with us, they continue to develop as Worldwise Teachers.
A Worldwise Teacher believes in:
- Responsive teaching that creates personalised learning and student mastery.
- The strength of diversity and the power of empathy.
- Positive and constructive communication to foster purposeful relationships with all stakeholders.
- Nurturing professional collaboration to develop both individual practice and learning across the school community.
- Embracing the opportunities provided by working in an international context and being open-minded to different people’s perspectives. • Schools being dynamic environments that require cognitive flexibility.
- Modelling lifelong learning through regular engagement with professional learning activities that inform and develop best practice.
- Seeking honest, open, professional dialogue to support reflective practice.
- Embracing and promoting the ethos, policies and practices in the school.
- Modelling a positive commitment to the wider life of the school by fully engaging in its service learning and CCA programmes.
A Worldwise Teacher has the skills to:
- Appreciate the international context of our students and demonstrate respect for diverse languages and intercultural competencies.
- Ensure teaching is grounded in positive student relationships and promotes active learning. Enthusiastically empower agency so students have voice, choice and autonomy in the learning process.
- Inspire learning by providing an engaging learning environment aligned to students’ needs and interests. • Remain flexible and responsive to the personalised needs of each student.
- Accelerate student progress with focussed, personalised and effective feedback.
- Ensure teaching draws on a variety of resources and technology to meet student needs.
- Promote school-wide wellbeing, safeguarding, health and safety.
- Model the positive values and behaviours of the Dulwich College International community.
HOW TO APPLY
Successful candidates will be working in an environment with small class sizes and motivated students, having access to excellent resources, facilities and colleagues. Teachers receive an attractive salary (at generous tax rates) and a fully competitive overseas benefits package, including flight allowance, accommodation, living allowance, freight allowance, comprehensive health coverage and tuition for up to two children at the school.
To apply, go to https://www.dulwich.org/careers and lodge your application on-line by 21st November 2019.
For further details about Dulwich College Seoul, visit the school’s website at https://seoul.dulwich.org/ or explore the school’s Facebook page. Interviews will take place by Skype or in Korea during November and December. Appointments may be made before the application deadline.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.