Start date: September 2019
Salary: UPS / MPR + TLR2a (£2721 for 2018-19)
As a 7-18 State Boarding School, we are seeking a Head of Art to provide inspirational leadership of the Art Department and effective delivery of an outstanding Art curriculum ensuring all our pupils make excellent progress.
The successful candidate would inspire teachers and pupils to have a passion for the subject and to ensure the Art department is a vibrant department within the school community. The successful candidate will be:
• Committed to the teaching of Art
• An excellent classroom practitioner with understanding of high quality teaching and learning
• Experienced in successful teaching of Art to GCSE and A level and of raising attainment
• Able to create and lead departmental development and be experienced in supporting other staff to enhance teaching and learning
• Committed to regular and on-going professional development
Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
To apply please complete the application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing Date: 09:00 - Wednesday 24th April
Interview Date: Friday 3rd May
The school reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.