Required from September 2019
Southmead Primary School is thriving and vibrant place of learning, where we value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work. You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team. In 2018 we were awarded Flagship Status by the Inclusion Quality Mark for the work that we do on inclusion.
If you have a true passion for teaching and learning and want to help all our children make the best possible progress from their starting points; if you have children at the heart of your teaching practice then we are the school for you. We are a culturally diverse school and welcome applications from all. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for supporting children with SEN, to lead and continue to develop the ASD Base and its committed team.
The successful applicant will lead and manage the team of staff within the Base and will have a key role in training and supporting mainstream staff and in ensuring that the Base is a fully integrated aspect of the school. They will also work closely with Senior Leaders and the SENCo. Applicants will be committed to working with other professionals to create an outstanding inclusive provision.
We are looking for someone who:
• is an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
• has experience of working with children with ASD
• has experience of working within a resource base or specialist provision
• is an enthusiastic and hardworking team player
• has a strong commitment to school improvement
• is ambitious with the ability to motivate and inspire
• secures high levels of achievement
• is committed to safeguarding all our children and their emotional well-being
• is able to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
In return we can offer you:
• Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
• A dedicated Base space with its own outside area
• A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff team who are committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
• Clear succession planning to enable all staff to develop leadership skills for the future
• Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
• Dedicated release time
• A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
• A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the school community
• A specialist SALT working 2 days a week in the base
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - if you would like to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Jan Dixon, Office Manager on 0208 788 8901 or via email email@example.com
You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email or post.
Closing date: 25 June 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Southmead Primary School
Princes Way, London
Tel: 0208 788 8901
Fax 0208 788 8782