Exciting opportunity to be Head of a new Behaviour Support Service.
This service will provide support to schools and settings to meet the needs of children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The team will work to develop and promote a culture of positive, consistent and effective behaviour management across the borough in all education settings.
The team will be led by a Head of Service and will comprise 2 Teachers, one Primary and Secondary, and 2 Family Liaison Workers.
As Head of the Behaviour Support Service you will:
- Have held a senior leadership position within a school
- Be able to evidence a proven track record of successful classroom practice in either Primary or Secondary schools in teaching and meeting the needs of children and young people with social, emotional and mental health issues.
- Be a highly skilled and experienced practitioner of positive behaviour management.
- Have successfully developed and led whole school approaches to behaviour management, including policies and intervention strategies.
- Have experience of managing staff and of change management.
- Have experience of working in complex multi-disciplinary and multi-agency contexts leading to improved outcomes for children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Have successfully managed a service budget.
To arrange informal discussion prior to application please contact Sharon Williams, Strategic Behaviour Lead at Sharon.email@example.com or 0151 511 7391.
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 22 July 2018 at 23:55.
Interviews will be held on Monday 6 August 2018.
The Council and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
An equal opportunities organisation which welcomes applications from all sections of the community.