Head of Biology (2i/c Science)
Pay Scale: Main/Upper Pay Scale + TLR2B
London Weighting: Outer
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school. Over the past 5 years the school has transformed itself into one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement.
Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted;
· 'Students make excellent progress in Mathematics and Science.'
· 'Students behave well in lessons and around the school. They enjoy coming to school.'
· '..Leaders have a relentless drive for continuous improvement'
The school has an excellent CPD programme and is committed to developing all staff, as we continue our journey to becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school. This includes three staff training afternoons, two department meetings and one twilight training session every 6 weeks. Lessons finish for students at 1:30pm on a Friday.
The development of Science is a key priority for the school, and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to make their mark and gain excellent career experience. We are looking for someone who is creative, innovative and open to new ideas to help drive the department forward to success. The Science department delivers A level courses in the 6th form.
The Science department has enjoyed outstanding results at GCSE Science (including double and triple award) which was recognised by our most recent Ofsted inspection.
We require from September 2018
· A committed and dynamic teacher of Science with a 'can do' attitude.
· An innovative practitioner who is creative in their delivery of the KS3, 4 and 5 curriculum (Biology essential).
· An exceptional teacher with the potential to develop into an Outstanding leader who can support the achievements of the Science department.
Posts will be subject to a Prohibition check for all roles involved with the management of pupils. Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
A recruitment pack and application form is available on the TES jobs website, school’s website: www.norlington.net , Our school/Vacancies link. Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 23rd March 2018