We currently have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic Head of Biology to join a successful and talented team of staff
In addition to the job specification for teaching staff, the Head of Subject Area (Biology) will also include the following responsibilities:
• Support the Head of Faculty in the day-to-day running of the faculty
• Take the lead role and responsibility for driving Teaching and Learning of Biology at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5
• Monitor the progress of students in Biology within Key Stages 4 and 5 and, along with the Head of Faculty, intervene where appropriate
• Develop appropriate resources for improving teaching and learning in the faculty.
• Support colleagues in their teaching throughout the faculty
• Act as an appraiser
• Carry out other tasks as reasonably directed by the Principal
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates accountability and ownership for own work duties and activities and carries them out to a high standard and with integrity.
St George’s Academy is a large, successful, 11-18 mixed secondary school of 2,200 students (including 331 in the sixth form and 452 on our Ruskington Campus) with outstanding facilities in all areas. The Academy serves Sleaford, Ruskington and the surrounding Lincolnshire villages. The Academy is rated ‘good’ by Ofsted and has secured three consecutive years of positive Progress 8.
If you would like to join an enthusiastic and friendly team of dedicated staff, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Further details including the job description for the role and application forms are available from our website at www.st-georges-academy.org Please note that CVs are not acceptable.
This is a fixed term role for 1 year in the first instance
Should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal visit to the Academy, you can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01529 301162. Informal visits are welcomed to all roles and can be offered outside of core school hours where this would be helpful.
St George’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.