HEAD OF BIOLOGY
TLR 2b - £4,530
Recruitment allowance - £2,000
Biology only timetable with A Level available
We require, for September 2019, an experienced, enthusiastic, flexible, committed and qualified Head of Biology, with leadership experience or potential, to join our Science Faculty in this large, mixed 11-19 comprehensive school. We are able to offer a Biology only timetable with A-level teaching for the right candidate.
A recruitment allowance may be available for suitably experienced/qualified staff and support for NPQML.
The successful candidate will have:
• Will have a strong commitment to teaching and learning in Biology;
• Will be an effective classroom practitioner committed to raising standards for all students;
• Will be able to teach Science at Key Stage 3, and Biology at Key Stages 4 and 5;
• Will be fully committed to enabling all students to achieve well and make good progress;
• The drive and determination to motivate colleagues and students;
• A creative and energetic approach to teaching and management;
• Good organisational skills;
• The ability to lead and develop a team of teachers;
• The vision to develop the courses currently offered;
• Open to change, new ideas and innovation.
A candidate information booklet and application form are available on the vacancies section of Lord Grey Academy’s website:
Please note the application form is available on the right hand side of the above link.
Completed application form and covering letter should be submitted to Human Resources at Lord Grey or emailed to email@example.com by 9am on Friday 26th April 2019.
Only successfully short listed candidates will be contacted.
The school is committed to safeguarding children. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS check.