About Nord Anglia Chinese International School Ningbo (NACIS)
To be opened in September 2018, Nord Anglia Chinese International School Ningbo (NACIS) will offer students a creative, challenging and rewarding learning experience. The opportunity to develop our boarding program will be an exciting and challenging one, requiring a deep knowledge of boarding, great flexibility and cultural understanding.
Initially opening for students aged 6 to 14 years old, and then for students up to the age of 18. Our students are welcomed into our progressive and internationally-minded school community. Together with the Zheijang National Curriculum, we will offer a distinctive bilingual, bicultural learning program, leading to graduation of the Chinese Curriculum and then the International Baccalaureate Diploma. Our ethos of celebrating both individual and collective achievement is underpinned by our promise to instill a culture of respect from all, for all. Located in the Feng Hua District of Ningbo, the school will have world class facilities that complement our innovative approach.
Our Strategic Alliance
Our Strategic Alliance with Nord Anglia Education, we believe gives us a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Nord Anglia Education has a wide range of resources and support to enhance our school’s success. Unique opportunities such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and collaborations with The Juilliard School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and King’s College London benefit both our students and staff.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic individual to develop and support the weekly boarding offering at NACIS by providing programs, services and opportunities to promote student personal and artistic development through creating a holistic community that is conducive to student learning and individual development. Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the after school life of the campus
- Supporting the school in the oversight and development of ECA’s, school activities (House), and evening academic support
- Assist with scheduling of the dorm mentors and dorm assistants
- Communicate residential issues to the administrative team
- Overseeing parent communication and satisfaction
- Managing student welfare including discipline
- Assist with monitoring the academics of students
- Encourage conflict resolution through mediation meetings and counsel
- Assist in enhancing the international, educational and social experiences of boarding students
- Conduct student dorm meetings and groups
- Assist with evening activities, schedules and weekend collection updates
- Managing the boarding program day to day. This involves overseeing, assessing and appointing boarding staff – responsible for the development and training of the boarding staff and community.
- Promote Health and Safety protocol in all departments
Able to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international multilingual environment, you will bring a degree and experience in supporting both academic and pastoral programs.
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships with parents and students.
This is a live on campus position where modern and spacious accommodation is provided all year round in our dormitories. You are expected to be on campus from Sunday evening through to Friday evening.
You will also be able to meet visa-related restrictions of living and working in China.
When you join Nord Anglia Chinese International School (NACIS), you are strategically connected to a global community of more than 8,000 people working together to create unique learning opportunities. NACIS offers you unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice, to access extensive professional development, and to gain exceptional experience and career development. At NACIS, you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
Our online Strategic Alliance professional development platform, Nord Anglia University, provides NACIS teachers with a vibrant online platform which harnesses the collective expertise of professionals in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. Through our Strategic Alliance collaborations with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), our teachers have unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields.
Alongside great training and a competitive package, you’ll enjoy the chance to live and work in one of the worlds' most vibrant cities.
As a NACIS member of staff, you enjoy the following benefits:
- A fast-paced, global experience so that you can progress on a global scale
- An enabling environment founded on creativity, challenge and collaboration
- A culture which is fair and consultative
- Unique opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career
The closing date for application is Friday 19 January.
Start Date: August 2018
At NACIS, we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both country of residence/birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.https://www.nordangliaeducation.jobs/DisplayJob.aspx?jobid=4309