HEAD OF BOYS’ PE (MALE)
SALARY: MPS/UPS plus Outer London Allowance with additional pastoral responsibility (TLR 2a) for the right candidate.
Required for September 2020 with a January or April start negotiable
Are you passionate about teaching and learning?
Do you want to develop your career in an outstanding school, working closely with colleagues who share that passion?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly effective individual to join our successful PE department. PE is a popular choice at GCSE and the department has a very successful track record of excellent results. We are seeking an individual with the drive and leadership to help take an already successful department to the next level.
The successful applicant will:
- be an excellent and ambitious classroom teacher;
- have a proven and demonstrable track record of success at GCSE and Key Stage 5;
- have at least three years successful GCSE teaching;
- have a good understanding of the current educational developments, especially those relating to classroom based practice;
- have the highest expectations of students;
- have an enthusiastic and positive approach within and beyond the classroom;
- have energy, stamina and a sense of humour.
Ruislip High School is an outstanding, oversubscribed, 11-18, mixed comprehensive school with over one thousand students on roll. The school opened in 2006 due to the demand for secondary school places in the local community and we are currently undergoing an exciting phase of expansion, with a brand new sixth form centre opening in September 2020. We obtain excellent results: our summer 2019 GCSE results place the school in the top 25% of schools nationally; at A Level, 22% of all grades were A*/A grades and 7% of the cohort attained straight A*/A grades.
In joining Ruislip High School you can expect to work in an environment that focuses on teachers improving, rather than proving, their practice; where teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do; and where all staff work as a community to support our students to fulfil their potential in line with our school’s motto: from grass roots to reaching for the sky.
Why work at Ruislip High School?
- Students and staff treat each other with respect. They share high aspirations which are realised through high expectations of everyone.
- The school has a comprehensive professional development programme tailored to individual needs, from NQT to middle and senior leadership; new staff are supported and guided by highly skilled and experienced colleagues, and by partners in external organisations.
- Staff have a range of opportunities to collaborate and develop their career within the Vanguard Learning Trust.
- Staff are afforded many benefits and rewards as part of the Vanguard Learning Trust’s entitlement package for staff.
- There are excellent transport links with central London, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Berkshire.
An application form can be downloaded from the school’s website www.ruisliphigh.com/staff-opportunities/ where all information about this post and the school can be obtained.
Applications should be returned to Justine O’Driscoll, HR Manager, Ruislip High School, Sidmouth Drive, Ruislip, Middlesex, HA4 0BY or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Monday 28th October 2019 at 10:00am
INTERVIEW DATE: Wednesday 30th October 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for all posts.
Ruislip High School is an equal opportunities employer