Head of Business and Economics
Inner London Main / Upper Pay Scale + Academy TLR £9,573
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to provide strong leadership for our Business and Economics Faculty.
The successful candidate must:
· Have a strong track record as an excellent teacher of Business and Economics who is committed to maximising the achievement of every student in the subject
· Have strong leadership skills
· Be a passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement
· Be able to teach across the age and ability range at age 14 - 18
· Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
· Have high expectations of themselves and others
· Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
· Be flexible and a good team player
· Be willing to engage in enterprise opportunities with the City of London
· A supportive environment with excellent CPD opportunities
· A highly committed and driven staff
· Students who are very keen to learn and make more than expected progress
· A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
All applications must be made on the online TES application form. CVs will not be accepted. Further details about the academy are also available from the academy website at: www.cityacademy.co.uk.
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Applicants may be contacted at any stage during the recruitment process and the advert may be closed earlier than the published closing date.
Interview date to be confirmed.