Do you share our ambition to push the boundaries on behalf of all the children and young people with autism in the UK? Are you passionate about building relationships, developing new opportunities and delivering what you promise?
What are we looking for?
At Ambitious about Autism and Autism Schools Trust, we’re seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and extremely capable Business Development Manager to help us grow our educational offer. We need someone to join us in our mission to make the ordinary possible – by reaching for the extraordinary and achieving the impossible.
We expect you to be tenacious in your approach to project delivery and effective programme oversight. To succeed in this challenging role you should also have:
- A professional qualification or proven extensive experience in a relevant field.
- A proven track record of managing change.
- Proven experience of marketing, influencing and negotiating (the latter with Local Authorities).
- The ability to assimilate and analyse complex information, to listen well and respond constructively to feedback.
- Financial awareness and the ability to drive cost-effective and efficient service delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective IT skills, including MS Office.
These are some, but not all, of the amazing achievements we will expect from you:
- Play a critical role in developing the charity’s educational portfolio.
- Identify new opportunities, undertaking analysis of the special education sector and local area.
- Develop relationships with local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Working with the above, design and develop new education opportunities, schools and college provision.
- Manage development projects and see them through to completion, working collaboratively across internal departments.
- Provide support and business development expertise for the executive team.
Closing date: Sunday 22 July 2018
Interviews: 1 August 2018
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note we have not engaged any agencies to work on this role and only direct applications will be considered. This post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.