We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher to join our school as Head of Department.
The Business Department at Warlingham is vibrant, well-resourced and has a high profile within the school. A range of KS4 & KS5 courses attract high numbers of students in the department and offer continuity and progression with good results. The teaching and learning is enhanced by visits to businesses and visiting speakers as well as taking part in national and local enterprise challenges.
We will offer you:-
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school
- A professional, hardworking, supportive and experienced school team with the commitment and capacity to raise student achievement even further
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation
“There is an open culture where everyone works together to improve progress for all students” Ofsted 2017
“Teachers have access to a wide range of professional development opportunities and they actively share good practice, which is improving the quality of teaching overall” Ofsted 2017
You will have:-
- The ability to lead a successful department providing business-related courses, both academic and vocational
- Qualified Teacher Status
- The ability to motivate staff and pupils to achieve excellent results
- Excellent organisational and ICT skills
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- An up to date passion for business and economics and the ability to share this with young people
- A willingness to contribute to department enrichment activities
We look forward to hearing from you.