Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as, alongside our headteacher who joined us in September 2017, we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. Last year we joined the newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust, providing a great opportunity to work closely with the two outstanding schools in the MAT - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over the past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
Working under the leadership of the Curriculum & Learning Leader for ICT, Technology and Business, we are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced teacher of Business to lead the continued development and expansion of this subject and who:
- is a strong practitioner and either an experienced department head or ready to take the next step into department leadership
- has a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching and is able and willing to teach across the whole age and ability range
- will build on an already great team ethos through creating positive professional working relationships with colleagues, supporting them through a period of significant change and the requirement for improved standards
- will motivate students to work hard and try their best through passing on to them their infectious enthusiasm and passion for their subject and finding creative ways of delivering the Business Studies curriculum to engage all learners, whatever their ability or level of interest
- work alongside our Careers Leader to introduce more enterprise education into our academy.
- will both support and hold to account those colleagues and students who fail to uphold or demonstrate agreed standards
- works hard to ensure all students make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- will actively share good practice and seek to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
- understands that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
- demonstrates leadership qualities including personal resilience, drive and initiative and role models those personal qualities we wish to see in all our staff and instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a laptop to use whilst in employment
- a motivational programme of continuous professional development and with the support of our teaching school programmes, a pathway to middle and senior leadership opportunities across the schools in the MAT
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the Curriculum & Learning Leader, Kasim Qadir firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a telephone conversation.
To apply please complete the TES online application form, ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 14th April 2020 Interviews are currently planned to be held week commencing 20th April.