Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity?
Do you aspire to Headship in the future?
Do you want to work with exceptional young people and hardworking staff committed to going the extra mile?
Commencing: September 2020
Leadership Scale: L22 to L26, £76,618 to £83,699
Are you highly motivated and driven, with a proven track record of leadership, outstanding classroom teaching and known for having a positive impact on whole school development?
This is an extremely rare and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take up a leading role of one of our large campuses. Barking Abbey is looking for an inspirational Deputy Headteacher who aspires to be a Headteacher in the future who will:
• Have held a position of an Assistant Headteacher for 2 or more years
• Lead by example
• Demand the highest expectations and standards in all aspects of school life
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Be uncompromising in their pursuit of the best outcomes for young people
• Demonstrate impact, creativity and high levels of personal integrity
• Have a relevant and continuously developing understanding of what quality education looks like and up to date guidance on best practice for supporting student learning
In return we can offer:
• A student-centred, progress focussed student ethos
• A welcoming and supportive community
• The opportunity to work with a passionate, hardworking and supportive staff
• Opportunities to develop the skills and qualities to become a Headteacher in the future
• A commitment to support continued professional development
• A supportive and committed Leadership Team and Governing Body
• A cohort of students with high aspirations and a willingness to learn
Visits to the School: 08.30am Friday 13th March
Visits to the School: 08.30am Thursday 19th March
Visits to the School: 08.30am Wednesday 25th March
Closing Date for Applications: 09.00am Monday 30th March
Notification Sent to Shortlisted Candidates: 17.00am Wednesday 1st April
Interviews All Day: Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th April 2020
If you would like to visit the school, please contact Mrs Wright, Headteacher’s PA to book a place for one of the sessions.
This is a new role for the school and therefore we are looking for a Head of Campus for both of our school campuses. The campus allocation for each Deputy Headteacher will be agreed following the interview process.
Barking Abbey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and is an Equal Opportunities Employer. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including Disclosure check, will be undertaken on all successful applicants.