Head of Care and Early Years
- Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
- Salary: £43,570 - £46,220 per annum
- Location: Based at one of the College’s main campuses. Travel across campuses, within the district and beyond will be required.
As Head of Care and Early Years, you will strategically lead the growth and development of the Care and Early Years provision whilst ensuring quality improvement measures to lead the provision to outstanding.
This exciting opportunity will allow you to join a thriving department with a team of professional and passionate teachers, as well as the chance to take hold of this success and mould it to mirror the needs of a future Wakefield College.
About the role:
As the Head of Care and Early Years, you’ll be a key member of the senior leadership team, operating in a role that will include strategic responsibilities. Specifically, this will involve:
- Actively promoting a high-performance culture and ethos, aimed at delivering strong levels of engagement and an environment of continuous improvement amongst all colleagues
- Develop and maintain an environment that successfully promotes learning and enables students to achieve their full potential
- To ensure that opportunities for synergy and collaboration with other curriculum areas are seized, leading to an appealing, meaningful and efficient curriculum
- Positively supporting and ensuring the implementation of the College’s strategic plan, key strategies and initiatives
You will be involved in all aspects of its function, from ensuring high-quality teaching, learning and assessment right through to staff and budget management. We are looking for an education leader with a successful track record of realising and exceeding departmental objectives, especially in respect of student outcomes.
More about you:
Already a qualified teacher, who is adaptable and currently operating at a managerial level, you should have a proven track record of leading teams in the successful achievement of challenging targets. In addition, we’re expecting you to demonstrate:
- Successful experience of establishing a culture of high expectations and high performance amongst staff and students alike, leading to excellent standards of teaching and learning and positive learner experience
- A strategic outlook and the necessary know-how to accurately assess the quality of teaching and learning through direct observation and other measures
- A passion for helping people achieve their potential and progress to further studies or employment.
If you believe your educational experience and leadership ability meet our requirements, then Wakefield College and the area has a lot to offer.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing Date: 11.00am on Friday 24 September 2021
Interview/Assessment Date: Wednesday 6 October 2021
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
The City of Wakefield sits at the heart of West Yorkshire, and at the heart of the Wakefield district is Wakefield College. The College is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training ...