Oakham School is seeking an outstanding Head of Careers and Progression with experience of all aspects of contemporary career programmes within Schools, who will provide strong careers leadership to facilitate enhanced career guidance for our pupils.
The School is committed to achieving the Gatsby Career Benchmarks, which define world class career guidance. It is essential that the successful candidate will incorporate the eight benchmarks of best practice into the daily life of the role. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead an experienced team and further develop the careers programme within the School.
You will have:-
• appropriate experience and qualifications reflecting a strong background in careers education;
• a proven ability in supporting young people with their progression into higher education, employability and apprenticeships;
• appropriate experience in providing individual guidance and delivering high quality and relevant career-related events and activities;
• the ability to effectively communicate, support and advise pupils to help them make decisions about their future and reach their full potential.
If you are enthusiastic, innovative, care about pupils and want to work in a supportive and friendly environment, this may be the job for you. Oakham School has a proud reputation in preparing pupils for their next steps and finding the right pathways for their future lives.
To apply, please send cover letter and application form to Claire Betts, HR Manager at email@example.com. Full details of the role can be viewed on the Job Opportunities page of our website.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 10 - 18 years
Oakham is a vibrant, fully co-educational boarding and day school for 10–18 year olds.
Our uniquely structured student population – with 50% girls and 50% boys, and 50% of pupils boarding and 50% being day pupils – creates a genuinely inclusive and g...