We are seeking a dynamic, experienced and enthusiastic teacher of chemistry to join a well-established science department.
Chemistry at Elizabeth Woodville School is a thriving subject at GCSE and A level. The successful candidate will work closely with the Learning Lead of Science to promote the study and enjoyment of science throughout the school; to lead in the teaching and learning of chemistry up to and including A Level; and to teach all science at KS3 and KS4.
• To drive for achieving successful results and progress for all students.
• Leading and managing the departmental subject team to ensure high quality teaching and learning in the subject area.
• Developing approaches to teaching and learning within the department and contributing to the middle leaders’ network.
• Contributing as a middle leader to the ethos, policy and practice of the school.
• Alongside the Learning Lead, to provide a framework for effective teaching and learning of all students of all abilities through current and relevant schemes of work.
• To promote school systems to raise student achievement and maintain high standards of student work and behaviour through positive approaches to their work, supported self-discipline, the monitoring of individual performance and other assessment procedures.
• Alongside Learning Lead, to plan for the improvement in teaching and learning in the department and contribute to whole school planning.
• The efficient organisation of internal teacher assessments across all Key Stages (writing assessments for half-termly tests in Key Stage 4 and 5).
• Following the receipt of data from Learning Lead, implement interventions for students in Key Stage 4 and 5 with the purpose of raising achievement.
The science department at Elizabeth Woodville School is very welcoming, friendly and supportive. We work as a team by regularly sharing good practice and as a result are constantly developing and improving.
Elizabeth Woodville School is part of the TOVE learning trust which is a recently established and expanding trust in partnership with a local outstanding secondary school.
The post would be suitable for an experienced teacher who would like to develop their leadership and management skills and expertise in a large, well-resourced Science faculty.
For a suitably ambitious candidate, whole school responsibility will be available alongside the leadership of chemistry.
The closing date for applications is 3.30 pm on Monday 19 February 2018 and interviews will be held week commencing Monday 26th February. Please submit a supporting statement along with your application.
Rated as a good school by Ofsted in May 2014, Elizabeth Woodville School is a high-achieving comprehensive school across two sites serving many villages and the fringes of both Northampton and Milton Keynes. EWS joined Tove Learning Trust in 2016, whose vision is to ensure all pupils are provided with outstanding educational experiences that lead to outstanding outcomes.
The governors of Elizabeth Woodville School and the Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo Enhanced DBS and other checks appropriate to the post. Tove Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer.