Head of Chemistry
Permanent, full time, to start end of August 2018
Based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
MPS/UPS + TLR
We are looking for an inspiring and passionate Head of Chemistry to continue our rapid journey to outstanding performance in Science.
- Play a key role in the Science leadership team, working closely with the Head of Biology, Head of Physics and the Head of Science, sharing accountability for the leadership and performance of the entire team
- alongside other leaders, deputise for the Head of Science in his absence, as well as taking a supporting role in providing school to school support externally
- be an ambassador both for Science and for the school both within JFC and externally
- Be a role model at all times, both in and out of the classroom
With a clear specialism in Chemistry, you will have the energy, commitment and vision to lead a superb team of Science teachers to:
- Deliver truly outstanding outcomes for all learnings, regardless of starting points
- Ensure that all students make rapid progress in Chemistry
- Be instrumental in a ‘no excuses’ approach
- Implement accurate subject tracking which identifies if any students are being left behind
- Organise and participate in the delivery of sharp, focussed intervention
- Become leading practitioners with the capacity also to provide school to school support in your area of specialism
- Develop outstanding schemes of learning for KS4 Chemistry
- Enthuse all students with a passion for Science
If you think you may be the person we are looking for and are entirely passionate about taking Science to the next level, please apply explaining how your track record demonstrates you are right for the role and how you will tackle it, by Monday 21st May 4.00 pm.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 24 May 2018.
For more information about our Trust and schools please visit our website at www.mowbrayeducation.org or get in touch to arrange a visit or to have an informal chat.
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.