Situated in the City of Plymouth with a beautiful coastline and Dartmoor National Park on our doorstep, Sir John Hunt is able to provide its pupils with excellent opportunities to support their learning. Our expectations, standards and outcomes for students are exceptional. If you have the same high expectations of yourself and others, we would love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious teacher to join our College and form a leadership team to drive standards, ethos, vision and expectations in an oversubscribed school. We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher of Science to be the Head of Chemistry. This post will be suited to experienced teachers.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a passion for teaching Science
• Have a specialism in Chemistry
• Have the ability to inspire a love & curiosity of Science
• Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
• Experienced colleagues need to be able to demonstrate impact in their current role
• An established and comprehensive induction programme
• A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
• A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
An application form and further details can be found on the College website. www.sjhcsc.co.uk
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 25 February 2019
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.