Head of Chemistry TLR 2 £6513
Required September 2018
Do you want an exciting opportunity to lead the Chemistry Department in one of Britain’s top state schools? Judged OUTSTANDING in all aspects by OFSTED in October 2014, we are seeking a dynamic and inspirational leader and teacher to lead our Chemistry provision and rise to the challenge of building on success. You will have the ability to engage, enthuse and motivate able pupils, be passionate about learning and be able to demonstrate a range of behaviour management strategies and teaching skills. You will possess excellent communication skills to teach throughout the age range including A level and will have the vision and determination to ensure all our students receive a first class education. You will be leading a department which:
• Delivers some outstanding outcomes for young people and is hungry for further success. Exam results for 2017 are 76% A*-B (A level) and 73% A*-A (GCSE)
• Has a friendly, supportive, talented hard-working teaching team
• Has a strong commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
In return we can offer:
• The opportunity to work with highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic students
• Commitment to continuing professional career development and support
• The opportunity to work in a caring and nurturing environment and to get involved in a broad spectrum of extra-curricular activities
If you are interested in working at the leading edge of education, believe that everyone can succeed and are prepared to work hard, we want to hear from you. For further details and an application pack please visit our website: www.bvgs.co.uk
Informal visits and enquiries are welcome by contacting Michele Wallis, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0121-250 5400.
Alternatively please contact Russell Bowen, Deputy Headteacher on 0121-250 5406 for an informal discussion regarding this post.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21st May 2018 at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 23rd May 2018.
Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work, Prohibition Order, medical and verification of qualification checks are requirements for this post.