This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Mandarin Chinese Program at our Wheelers Hill Campus. A key leadership role within a dedicated team, you will take responsibility for overseeing the program, it’s evaluation and constant improvement focus ensuring a vibrant learning culture.
Mandarin Chinese is a major study unit at Caulfield Grammar School, with Year 9 and senior students undertaking studies based at our Nanjing Campus in China. Opportunities to travel and influence our Internationalism Program will be a key part of this position.
- Lead, support and facilitate the Chinese Learning Area team
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our school
- Responsible for ongoing commitment to quality performance by all team members
- Initiate strategies with other organisations to continuously improve the quality of the program
- Monitor resources to ensure the best possible outcomes for all students
- Deliver curriculum and innovation within the classroom
- Facilitate assessment and subsequent reporting
- Manage budgets and expenditure
- Co-ordinate documentation for the learning area as required by Head of Teaching & Learning
- Active involvement in Campus activities
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in teaching Mandarin Chinese in years 7 to 12
- Extensive experience in leading the development, coordination and implementation of innovative approaches in the teaching of Mandarin Chinese
- Previous experience in leading teams
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Current VIT registration
At Caulfield Grammar School, we are unique as we work to a specialist employee model. The construct of our professional learning program provides significant time each week for our teaching staff to focus on their professional learning.
Our mission is to enable quality learning every day in every experience for every learner, for life.
Please see the attached position description for further information regarding this opportunity.
Applications must be made online at: https://caulfieldgs.bigredsky.com/page.php?pageID=106
Applications close: Wednesday 1 November 2017
Enquiries to: Employment@caulfieldgs.vic.edu.au