Head of Computer Science and ICT.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive academy, based in Hillingdon, Middlesex. The school is looking to add a Head of Computer Science and ICT to their progressive and supportive IT Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of Computer Science and ICT at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
The Head of Department will also line manage the Computer Science and ICT department, supporting the SLT link and Headteacher to ensure the department achieve to its maximum potential.
“High aspirations? Looking for an exciting new challenge? Our Academy is a vibrant and exciting place to work. Our systems ensure you can really focus on your core purpose – teaching, in a sustainable way, reducing your workload through:
- tight, robust and no-nonsense behaviour systems
- a feedback policy where the focus is on dialogue between staff and studeents not hours of marking
- highly visible and supportive senior leaders
We are looking for an exceptional individual to play an important role in our growing Academy. This is an excellent opportunity to progress to the role Head of Computer Science and ICT. The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher who has a proven record of raising and maintaining outcomes.
With great students, an outstanding team of staff, state of the art facilities, we offer an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented individual looking to develop their career. We have a very comprehensive, and effective, development programme, bringing all subject areas together every week to share best practice. We teach a challenging academic curriculum for all students.
We are driven by a desire, at the core of our mission, to get the best possible results for all of our students, no matter what their starting points or circumstances. We would be delighted to show you around our Academy in order to fully appreciate our learning environment."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Computer Science and ICT Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Computer Science and ICT up to GCSE and A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and financial management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1389908 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to email@example.com for further information. REF: 1389908
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...