Hammersmith Academy is an innovative 11-18 mixed, non-denominational academy situated in the heart of the West London community. We are passionate about raising standards and our approach to learning reflects this.
With an OFSTED rating of Good, “Staff describe the school as a "dynamic" and "energising" place to work and pupils share this view" - OFSTED 2017
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspiring Head of Computer Science and IT. The successful applicant will be a well-qualified, experienced specialist who is committed to achieving high standards and developing each child to their potential.
If you are an outstanding leader with high expectations, who can achieve the highest standards from your students and staff team and can create a culture of success through challenge and innovation as well as instil a love of learning, we would like to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a passionate teacher of Computer Science and have a genuine belief in the potential of every student
• be committed to Hammersmith Academy's ethos of high expectations and going the extra mile
• have excellent subject knowledge and a proven ability to raise standards in classrooms
• have experience of teaching at A-Level
Hammersmith Academy offers:
• a bespoke CPD program for all staff and exciting career opportunities
• excellent pastoral care
• an excellent reputation in the local community
• a dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
• first-class facilities and resources
• a comprehensive staff benefits package including free daily lunch
• aspirational and hardworking students
• strong parental engagement
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the role informally and visits to the school are welcome.
For further details visit our website: www.hammersmithacademy.org
Closing Date: Monday, 19th April - 9:00am
Candidates may be invited for interview upon receipt of a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. Early application is therefore advised.
All applications will initially be acknowledged by e-mail. If you have not heard further within two weeks of the closing date you may assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Hammersmith Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Hammersmith Academy is an Equal Opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of gender, race, age, disability or marital status.
Please note that, as part of Hammersmith Academy’s Green approach and our commitment to reducing the impact of vehicular access to the Academy on the local and global environment, there is very limited parking and all staff are therefore encouraged to travel to work by public transport.
Hammersmith and Fulham
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Hammersmith Academy is a non-denominational, all-ability, co-educational secondary school for 11-18 year olds.
To develop highly qualified, aspirational young adults who make outstanding progress and as active citizens take a lead w...