Inspire their remarkable with us
Four Dwellings Academy is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) a network of 58 secondary, primary and special academies.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Quinton in Birmingham and we are within easy commute from Birmingham city centre. Ofsted judged us as a ‘good academy’ in May 2017 Stating ‘This school is a highly inclusive and united community where all are welcome. Leaders at all levels, teachers and support staff have high aspirations for pupils.’
We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspiring individual to lead our Computing department. You will be an exceptional classroom teacher who demonstrates high standards of delivery in a consistent manner, who is committed to improving achievement across all key stages and who understands the strategies required to accomplish this. You must be a strong leader with the ability to inspire both staff and students. You will be enthusiastic, have a winning personality and have an imaginative approach to the delivery of the curriculum area.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Visits to our Academy are warmly welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Jade Burton, PA to the Principal, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 13 October 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.