Northwood College are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Head of Department who will lead a dynamic, growing and committed team. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional experienced classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school.
The Computing Department aims to ensure that students are equipped with a full range of digital literacy skills, in addition to being taught how to use various multimedia applications including sound editing, web design and game making software. Students gain computer programming skills and are shown how to think logically about problems.
About the School:
Northwood College for Girls is an independent, academically selective day school for approximately 840 girls aged 3-18. Excellence, courage and integrity are the three fundamental qualities that underpin a Northwood College education. Girls are encouraged to be emotionally resilient, to learn from success and challenge and to communicate with clarity and assurance.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
· Competitive salaries and pay progression
· Access to extensive professional development opportunities
· Good transport links
· Training grants for qualifications
· Generous pension schemes
· Free life assurance benefit
· A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
· Childcare vouchers, interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
· A Cycle to Work scheme
· Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and an application form please click the apply button.
Applications must be received by 9am on Wednesday 25 April 2018.
Interviews will take place the following week.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.