We are looking for passionate and outstanding Head of Computing & Digital Strategy, to lead the implementation of digital strategy at Surbiton High School, ensuring we lead the way in integrating enabling technology into the life of the school community
Reporting Line: Assistant Principal – Whole School Innovation and Organisation
- To plan and implement Computing across the School from KS1 to KS5.
- To set up a Programme of Study, including designing and writing Schemes of Work.
- To manage the assessment of a Key Stage appropriate to the candidate’s expertise and interest (assessment materials, mark schemes and feedback grids and the provision of exam papers).
- To ensure that department staff teaching in that Key Stage have access to the relevant subject-based skills and knowledge through departmental training opportunities.
- To monitor the progress of all pupils within that Key Stage, including coordination of any post-test/exam implementation.
- To be proactive in leading on intervention strategies for pupils in that Key Stage.
- There may be other particular responsibilities linked to the subject that may be added when necessary.
- To assist with the review, and keeping staff up to date with, key trends in digital education and citizenship, particularly those which directly affect teaching and learning
- To collaborate with teaching staff to support their use of digital technology in delivering a curriculum in line with Surbiton High School’s vision
- To collaborate with educational support staff to support their use of digital technology in delivering services in line with Surbiton High School’s vision
- To assist with relevant training for staff and ensure best use is made of the digital technologies in place
- To take a leading role in delivering some of the training to meet the digital CPD needs of staff across the three Schools
- To liaise and work collaboratively with the Digital Strategy Co-Ordinator and to assist the Assistant Principal Innovation and Organisation to help formulate the ever evolving Digital Strategy at Surbiton High School.
- To stay abreast of developments within other schools, United learning, and in the technology sector as a whole, updating staff in a timely manner, with the most relevant and accessible initiatives
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- A postgraduate teaching qualification (QTS desirable but not essential)
- Evidence of further relevant professional development would be an advantage
- The ability to lead, inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues
- Have a vision for and the ability to translate the Surbiton High School strategy into reality
- The ability to lead a team in a successful and dynamic School
- Excellent organisational, administrative and ICT skills
- Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative teaching at all levels
- Experience of leading and collaborating with colleagues
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
- Up-to-date knowledge of successful and innovative teaching and the latest curriculum developments and initiatives
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life, with a can-do attitude
- Committed to Surbiton High School’s ethos and strategic vision
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Closing date for Applications: 8:00am, Tuesday 13 April 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing: 19 April 2021
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Surbiton High School is culturally diverse and fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Surbiton High School is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing.
Surbiton High Senior School
Surbiton, Greater London
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth of...