We seek to appoint an enthusiastic and inspiring Head of Computing to lead a small team of committed colleagues who form part of the Creative and Digital Technologies Team. The successful candidate will lead on our Computing and IT qualifications. We currently offer both GCSE and A level qualifications in Computer Science. IT and Creative Imedia.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Be dynamic and creative and have a passion for Computing
- Motivate students to achieve their potential
- Lead and teach Computing at KS3 and Computer Science at KS4 and KS5
- Teach using innovative and inspiring methods
In return we will offer:
- The opportunity for an exceptional candidate to develop their leadership and computing skills within a highly supportive environment that fully embraces continuing professional development.
- Highly motivated students that will respond to excellent teaching.
- Excellent resources and technologies to support teaching methods.
Poynton High School and Performing Arts College is an 11-18 mixed Comprehensive School with 1467 students on roll, including 320 in the Sixth Form. The school enjoys a strong reputation and increasingly attracts students from out of the immediate area. Students achieve high standards both academically and in the wide range of extra-curricular activities available.
Poynton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Certificate. Cheshire East is committed to Equal Opportunities in Employment.