Head of Computing.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in Redbridge. The school is looking to add a Head of Computing to their progressive and supportive ICT Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of Computing at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
“We are seeking an inspirational Head of Computing to lead this popular and important subject across KS3-5. Computing was introduced as a discrete subject in secondary in 2016/17, and at KS5 in September 2020. As well as responsibility for the improvement and delivery of Computing at KS3, 4 and 5, you will have responsibility for raising the profile of Computing across the Academy. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and grow this subject area.
Computing is an incredibly popular subject at KS4 where demand has far outstripped the number of classes we have been able to offer. In addition to our formal curriculum, computing enrichments remain popular, including coding club and robotics."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Computing Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Computing up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: developing provision and improving on current ways of delivery
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1400218 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. REF: 1400218
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...