Head of Creative Arts
(and Lead Teacher of Music)
Required for September 2021
At St. Cuthbert’s RC High School, we believe that we should be the best that we can be in everything that we do and this mission is at the heart of everything that we do.
We wish to appoint a dedicated, creative, inspiring and energetic professional to lead the Creative Arts Faculty from 1st September 2021.
The successful applicant will be an outstanding and inspirational practitioner, well equipped to lead the Creative Arts Faculty (Music, Drama and Art), share expertise and continue to improve student outcomes in these subject areas.
If you are an outstanding teacher of music and would like to be the curriculum leader of music (as opposed to Head of Creative Arts) then please contact Mrs G Davis on 01706 390623.
As a school, we strongly believe in high quality educational research to develop all of our practices and we are looking for someone who would make significant contributions to this.
If you are an enthusiastic, energetic and forward-thinking leader with the capacity to build on the school’s many strengths and if you would like to lead our Creative Arts team then join us on this exciting journey.
This post would be ideal for an outstanding practitioner, passionate and informed about the best classroom practice in Music and the Arts with ambition, drive and leadership experience (perhaps as a head or second in a subject or department or leading a whole school responsibility).
The successful candidate will be joining a school which is progressive, innovative and extremely ambitious. The Governors and Senior Leaders are committed to professional development and staff well-being. The successful candidate will be supported via a bespoke training and development plan appropriate to their individual needs and aspirations.
Applicants will have the knowledge and skills to further develop, lead and implement school improvement strategies to help our students enjoy their learning and be the best they can be.
The successful applicant will:
• Be an experienced and outstanding practitioner of Music with a proven track record of leading the curriculum and improving student outcomes
• Have a passion for outstanding learning, inspiring students, and colleagues to be the best they can be
• Have the skills to innovate, lead and motivate all stakeholders to build further sustainable success
• Be committed to creating a caring environment that promotes academic, creative, and personal achievement, alongside spiritual and moral development
• Have high expectations of themselves, colleagues and students and the energy and determination to make a difference
• Be committed to professional learning
• Be accountable for monitoring, developing and co-ordinating strategies to raise pupil achievement for those you are accountable.
• Support all whole school Liturgical Events
We can offer you:
• Being part of a dedicated vibrant team
• State of the art facilities
• Superb opportunities for professional development
St Cuthbert's RC High School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years